Smash Burgers recipe is so simple
Smash burgers are so simple to make. They are basically the home version of greasy-spoon, diner style burgers.
Smashed thin on a flat-top griddle or cast iron pan, and dressed simply to your choice of toppings.
We will NOT criticize you for adding ketchup / catsup. Smash burgers are very personal so do what you like!
You will need:
Some ground beef – I like 85/15.
Some seasoning – I used Morton’s Nature’s Seasons which is basically a salt pepper garlic blend with added herbs and spices. (*any* seasoning will do)
Cheese is optional.
Sautéed onions are optional too.
Small squares of parchment paper or wax paper (foil will do in a pinch)
A quality bun (I like Maier’s Kaiser Rolls).
– pre-heat skillet / flat top to medium high heat
– Season small pats of meat with your choice of seasonings
– roll small patties into balls slightly bigger than a golf ball
– place balls o’ meat onto skillet or flat top
– cover with paper and smash super thin
– remove paper
– cook until juices protrude through top of patties
– flip patties and cook until done
– assemble onto buns, add condiments of choice, and enjoy your 2am diner style burger!
Eat and enjoy!
Watch my video and please subscribe to my channel on YouTube: