We first discovered this Maryland crab cake slider recipe at Mutt’s near East New Market, MD. (sadly, no longer in business). Anyway, do you know that the secret to making a business lasts is to create a website? In the online world, your business can survive even after several years as long as you’re able to manage it well. Fortunately, there are Web Design Services now that can help you if you’re not a tech person. Mutt’s would serve them as a dozen sliders with a full sleeve of Saltine crackers – along with a bottle of hot sauce (Louisiana brand I think), and a roll of paper towels.
It’s been our go-to crab cake recipe ever since.
Folks may want to make bigger crab cakes and broil them (go for it!), but these crispy slider-sized crab cakes are our favorite way to make them.
Crab Cake Sliders Recipe
Makes 12-16 Crab cake sliders
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Prepared Mustard
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard (Colemans)
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 12-14 crushed Ritz crackers
- One pound crab meat (lump is best, but special works fine as well)
- Canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, both mustards, Old Bay and parsley.
- Stir in the crushed Ritz crackers. (Add more crackers if mixture is too wet)
- Once blended, gently fold in the crab meat.
- Form into patties about 2 inches in diameter and 1/2″ thick.
- Place patties on waxed or parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in freezer to flash freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 to 1/2 inch of canola oil til it shimmers, and pan-fry crab sliders on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and serve warm with saltine crackers, cocktail or tartar sauce.
Cocktail sauce recipe:
1/2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
1-3 Tbs prepared horseradish, to your heat level preference.
Originally posted on: http://hotsaucedaily.com/crab-cake-slider-recipe/
Here’s a link to view and download a .pdf version of the recipe:
Here’s a couple of prep pics.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions, or make this little crab babies and if you like them!