Cinco de Mayo Michelada Cocktail Recipe
This Michelada Cocktail recipe features Dos Equis Cerveza and Clamato Juice (the Preparado version).
A michelada is a Mexican cerveza preparada made with beer, lime juice, and assorted sauces, spices, and peppers. It is served in a chilled, salt-rimmed glass. There are numerous variations of this beverage throughout Mexico and Latin America. Wikipedia
Here’s my version:
You will need:
– 4 ounces Clamato Juice (Preparado version preferred)
– 4 ounces Cerveza (Dos Equis )
– Big splash of Lime Juice
– 4 drops Maggi Seasoning
– 2 or 3 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
– 2 or 3 dashes of Cholula or other Mexican hot sauce
– kosher salt and chili powder for rimming glass
1. Dip glass in lime juice and rim with salt and chili powder mixture
2. Add ice to glass, splash in liquid ingredients
3. Pour in 4 ounces Clamato Juice
4. Season with more chili powder
5. Pour in 4 ounces of Cerveza / beer
6. Stir and enjoy!
I hope you try one of these for yourself, you will love it!
Thanks for reading and watching! ~brian