Links to News in the Hot Sauce and BBQ World
Featured this Sundae: Jungle Jim’s Weekend of Fire in Ohio takes place next weekend (Aug 1 & 2, 2009), TomsHotSauce.com gives some great advice and tips on getting your hot sauce recipe bottled and ready for sale, 3 Do-it-yourself recipes for making your own hot sauce, some great tips and recipes for tailgating / backyard partying, and a new 3rd location in Maryland for Boog’s Barbecue.
- Jungle Jim’s International Market hosts the 3rd Annual Weekend of Fire in Fairfield, Ohio, August 1st and 2nd, 2009. Located in Greater Cincinnati, this chilehead extravaganza will feature over 55 vendors and thousands of hot sauces, salsas, bbq sauces and more. Over 5000 people attended last year, and it looks to be even bigger this year!
- TomsHotSauce.com offers some advice about getting your hot sauce recipe bottled, labeled and ready for sale. He lists some of the hurdles, and points you to reliable sources for bottles, labels, printing, and the all important Nutrition Label!
- Hot sauce recipes on TheStar.com from Eric Vellend has 3 recipes for making your own Chipotle, Thai Sweet Chili, and Harissa sauces.
- Elevate your tailgate – 5 Milwaukee area chefs offer amazing and different recipes for your next tailgate or backyard gathering – including a Bloody Mary London Broil, Mussels, Swordfish Kebobs, Portobello Mushrooms, Jerked Chicken skewers and much more.
- Boog’s Barbecue opens a 3rd Maryland location – West Ocean City, Maryland is home to the newest Boog’s BBQ joint – Boog Powell and his son J.W. Powell opened a dine-in/carry-out/drive-thru barbecue joint just outside of town. Article in OceanCityToday.net
If you have a link or news item you’d like me to include in the next Hot Sauce Sundae, please leave a Comment with links and a brief description of the item.