In honor of Superbowl Sunday we present the
Week of Wings – 7 days and 7 recipes for delicious hot wings.
Day 1 – Salt and Vinegar Wings
Seasoned with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, some Seasoned Salt (Lawry’s) and simple white vinegar, these babies are crispy and delicious! While not hot wings at all, they are however very tasty and quite different than any other wing recipe we’ve tried.
We first learned of this recipe from Curt Johnson over at GameDayEats.com on his recipe page.
- 18 – 24 wing pieces (drummies and flats)
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of Seasoned Salt (optional – see note below)
- 4 Tablespoons of White Distilled Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons of White Table Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Preheat oven to 350?
- Season wings with the Chachere’s and Seasoned Salt
- Spread wings in single layer on baking sheet
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes until wings are just about cooked (they’ll finish cooking in the deep fryer)
- Move wings to a platter to let stand 10 minutes for juices to absorb
- In a mixing bowl, combine white vinegar and table salt
- Deep fry wings in small batches for 2 – 3 minutes until crispy
- Toss wings in vinegar solution
Note: we made this original recipe, and they were very salty. The next time, we cut back the Seasoned Salt by half.
They were still very good, and not as salty.
Serve these deliciously unique wings with beer and enjoy!