What a great taco seasoning recipe.
You’ll never go back to those “envelopes” again!
This makes enough to season about 2lbs of ground beef, IF you like your seasoning on the mild side. I usually double or quadruple this recipe, because I like it hot, and there will be enough for the next time.
- 1 Tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons black pepper
Yield = 8 1/4 teaspoons
Since you have to get out the 9 spices to mix this up, why not double or quadruple this recipe? Just store it in an air tight container.
As for how much to add to the meat, eyeball it, and let it simmer 5-10 minutes before tasting for flavor. I prefer 3 Tablespoons per pound of meat… and it gets hot!
Want it a bit milder for the family? Go with 2 Tbs per pound of meat. Anything less, and you won’t get the taco flavor.
Basic Taco Meat instructions
- Brown the ground beef
- Add some diced onion (about 1/2 cup per pound)
- Saute 5 – 7 minutes
- Drain excess grease
- Add small can diced green chiles (4 oz can)
- Combine and add the Taco Seasoning
- Add 1/2 cup water per pound of meat
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to desired consistency
If you try this taco seasoning recipe, please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment.
I promise you, more than any other promise I’ve made on this website, that this is THE best taco recipe ever!