We’ve partnered with McCormick® Grill Mates® and their Grillerhood community on Facebook to bring you the best in grilling seasonings, easy recipes, and grilling techniques. We’ll be learning from the experts, and sharing tips and tricks from people like you.
What sets grillers apart from ordinary cooks? It’s a secret. Or rather, it’s their secrets — those tips, tricks and flavors that turn good food into grilled greatness. That’s why McCormick® Grill Mates® created “The Grillerhood,” the first-ever social media hub that allows grilling experts to share their secrets with each other — whether they’re contributing to the ultimate crowd-sourced grilling guidebook, sharing inspiring recipes or competing for the title of the ultimate “Grill Mayor.”
True Rule #1 – “YOU SHALL BE A DECENT HOST AND SERVE GUESTS THE WELL DONE MEAT THEY’VE ASKED FOR. BUT BE A GREAT GRILLER AND OFFER THEM A TASTE OF YOUR PERFECT STEAK.”
The Grillerhood is a one-stop grilling resource. This season, the central mission for the community is to create the ultimate crowd-sourced grilling guidebook: “True Rules of Grilling.” Through real-time conversation, Facebook polls and expert input, the “True Rules of Grilling” will compile the wisdom and secrets of the grilling community into the first-ever, definitive compendium of how, what and why to grill.
Members of The Grillerhood are also encouraged to share their own “True Rules” — the secrets that take their grilling to the next level — for the opportunity to be declared the ultimate “Grill Mayor.” Beginning May 21, contestants simply upload a photo and their favorite grilling tip to FoodNetwork.com/grillmayor for a chance to win a round trip for two to New York, including a personal tour of the Food Network Kitchens, where winners can discover even more grilling secrets. Three grand prizes will be awarded. Deadline is 7/31/12.
Join the Grillerhood!
Grab your tongs and join us! We’re taking grilling and flavor to the limits!
Simply “Like” Grill Mates on Facebook and you will discover:
- Trade Grilling Secrets
- Sizzling Techniques
- Access to Exclusive Content
- The “Definitive” True Rules of Grilling
- How to Share Recipes and Tips
- Special Rewards for Members!
Win This Fabulous Prize Package!
Contest has been Extended until Midnight June 23rd!
- Large green Grillerhood apron with lots of pockets
- Chef’s Hat & Grilling Mitt
- Large grilling tongs, fork, & spatula
- Assortment of McCormick’s Grill Mates spices, rubs & marinade
- Recipe cards for easy summer grilling
How can you win? Entry is easy! For EACH of the following steps, you will earn ONE entry into the contest. The more you do, the better your chances are at winning. Simply leave a Comment below (that’s 1 automatic entry), telling us which steps you did. We WILL check. One entry per person please (includes all 5 steps).
- “Like” the Grillerhood on Facebook
- Share or Like THIS post on your Facebook Page – you can use http://hsd.to/grillmates-01
- Tweet the following: “Great #Grillmates Giveaway on @HotSauceDaily http://hsd.to/grillmates-01“
- Plus +1 this post on Google+ (use the floating buttons on the top left)
- Bonus Entry – Pin the Apron pic on Pinterest!
Good Luck! The Contest will end at midnight, Saturday, June 23rd (EST). Winner will be announced Sunday, June 24th!
Steakhouse Onion Burgers with Grilled Potatoes
Steakhouse Onion Burger Seasoning seasons ground beef and potato wedges with savory garlic and onion flavors.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
2 medium red potatoes, pierced with fork
2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Steakhouse Onion Burger Seasoning, divided
2 teaspoons oil
1 pound ground beef
4 hamburger rolls
Lettuce, tomato and condiments (optional)
1. Microwave potatoes on HIGH 7 minutes or until almost tender, turning potatoes over
halfway through cooking. Let stand 2 minutes. Cut potatoes into wedges. Toss with 1 tablespoon of the Seasoning and oil.
2. Mix ground beef and remaining 1 tablespoon Seasoning in medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 4 patties.
3. Grill burgers over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F). Grill potato wedges 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and grill marks appear. Serve burgers on toasted rolls. Garnish with desired toppings and condiments. Serve with potato wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 439 Calories, Fat 19g, Carbohydrates 40g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 970mg, Fiber 3g, Protein 27g
Printable PDF recipe
We grilled baby red potatoes on skewers, and made the burgers as “sliders”. Here’s how delicious ours turned out!
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to enter our contest!