Links to News in the Hot Sauce and BBQ World
Today’s Hot Sauce Sundae – Hot Dog Fans take note! Three stories feature Hot Dogs, there’s also some awesome Tequila Shots recipes, a buffalo wing recipe that adds vinegar and jalapenos, and a showdown between the Bubba Burger and a pulled pork sandwich:
- From SeriousEats.com – Hot Dog of the Week – NYC’s Papaya Dog
Hawk Krall writes about the Papaya Dog, and references the mysterious red onion sauce that is found on dogs from Sabrett’s carts.
- Speaking of that mysterious red onion sauce, I posted a version on our Tumblr – Sabrett’s mysterious red onion sauce for hot dogs – a recipe clone:
- From Aaron Vanek on Examiner.com – Four Cabo Wabo Tequila shot recipes – I like the Spaceman’s Shot – Tequilla and Tabasco!
- Vince Devlin’s article in the Missoulian tells a great story of the Bubba Burger losing to a pulled pork sandwich. The Bubba burger is a mesquite-grilled cheeseburger topped with grilled Cajun sausage, grilled jumbo shrimp and homemade chipotle sauce. Wow!
- Interesting Buffalo wing recipe posted on Bukisa.com that includes red wine vinegar and pickled jalapeno slices along with the usual butter and Frank’s Red Hot
- Sarah Karnasiewicz’ article The Yankee Hot Dog Trail on TheFasterTimes.com tells of some great New England hot dogs and features Flo’s who makes and sells a great unique and original relish. Flo’s classic is simply their relish and a ribbon of mayonnaise.
If you have a link or news item you’d like me to include in the next Hot Sauce Sundae, please leave a Comment with links and a brief description of the item.