Links to News in the Hot Sauce World
I’m launching a new weekly series called Hot Sauce Sundae where I’ll list a few links to news of the hot sauce world.
For this first post, I’m starting with the Scoville Scale, the Cajun Hot Sauce Festival in Louisiana, Hard Times in hot sauce, awesome wing sauce from Defcon Sauces, from the Pope of Peppers, Dave DeWitt: Cooking with fresh chile peppers, and HotSauceTube.com launches. Here we go!
- Scoville Scale for Hot Sauces and Hot Peppers – Scott Robert’s Scoville Scale Chart for Hot Sauce and Hot Peppers lists some 124 sauces and peppers, relating everything to the heat of the Jalapeno pepper (2,500 – 8,000 Scoville units). A great resource when your hot sauce friend tries to tell you the Jalapeno is hotter than the “wax pepper” – not true.
- The Ring of Fire: The Best and Hottest Hot Sauce – Stan Dyer’s article about the 2009 Cajun Hot Sauce Festival in New Iberia, LA – Spoiler alert – The Best Hot Sauce Award went to Woo Wee
- Hot Sauce in Hard Times – Maker of Satan’s Blood, Toxic Waste and Colon Cleanser releases “Charlie’s Hard Times” hot sauce and bbq sauce
- Defcon Sauces Makes The Finest Buffalo-Style Wing Sauces – Rocco “Boss Hog” Loosbrock’s article about Defcon Sauces – Profiles John Dilley the Creator of Defcon Sauces
- Cooking with Fresh Chile Peppers – Freezing, using and cooking with fresh chile peppers with recipes for salsa fresca, caribbean salsa, Louisiana style hot sauce, New Mexican Green Chile Sauce, Fresh red chile sauce, chiles rellenos and others, from the Pope of Peppers, Dave DeWitt and the Fiery Foods and Barbecue SuperSite
- Here’s a video from the new HotSauceTube.com site:
If you have a link or news item you’d like me to include in next Sunday’s Hot Sauce Sundae, please leave a Comment with links and a brief description of the item.