We first discovered this Maryland crab cake slider recipe at Mutt’s near East New Market, MD. (sadly, no longer in business). Mutt’s would serve them as a dozen sliders with a full sleeve of Saltine crackers – along with a bottle of hot sauce (Louisiana brand I think), and a roll of paper towels.
It’s been our go-to crab cake recipe ever since.
Folks may want to make bigger crab cakes and broil them (go for it!), but these crispy slider-sized crab cakes are our favorite way to make them.
Crab Cake Sliders Recipe
Makes 12-16 Crab cake sliders
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Prepared Mustard
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard (Colemans)
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 12-14 crushed Ritz crackers
- One pound crab meat (lump is best, but special works fine as well)
- Canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, both mustards, Old Bay and parsley.
- Stir in the crushed Ritz crackers. (Add more crackers if mixture is too wet)
- Once blended, gently fold in the crab meat.
- Form into patties about 2 inches in diameter and 1/2″ thick.
- Place patties on waxed or parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in freezer to flash freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 to 1/2 inch of canola oil til it shimmers, and pan-fry crab sliders on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and serve warm with saltine crackers, cocktail or tartar sauce.
Cocktail sauce recipe:
1/2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
1-3 Tbs prepared horseradish, to your heat level preference.
Originally posted on: http://hotsaucedaily.com/crab-cake-slider-recipe/
Here’s a link to view and download a .pdf version of the recipe:
Here’s a couple of prep pics.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions, or make this little crab babies and if you like them!