Just in time for summer grilling, Guy Fieri launches new line of Barbeque sauces and Salsas
Chef Guy Fieri, star of Food Network shows “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives” and “Guy’s Big Bite,” has launched his first-ever line of barbeque sauces and salsas. From Bourbon Brown Sugar Barbeque Sauce to 7 Pepper Salsa, the chef, restaurateur and best-selling author is bringing his rockin’ flavors to thousands of supermarkets across America, as well as serving them up in his restaurants Johnny Garlic’s California Pasta Grill and Tex Wasabi’s Rock-n-Roll Sushi BBQ.
The four Guy Fieri barbeque sauces contain no fat, cholesterol or high fructose corn syrup; three of the sauces are also gluten-free. “I’ve eaten barbeque all over the country, so when I developed these sauces, I drew inspiration from coast to coast,” says Fieri, the barbeque enthusiast and author of the new book, New York Times best-seller Guy Fieri Food. “These sauces add big, off da hook flavor, whether you’re craving a smoky, sweet, or tangy twist.”
* Pacific Rim Barbeque & Wok Sauce: Wok & Sauce – Guy’s Pacific Rim BBQ & Wok Sauce is great on its own or as an off-the-hook wok sauce. Sweet ginger, some chile heat, nutty sesame and soy sauce are a rockin’ combination for stir fry, pork ribs, salmon or shrimp.
* Kansas City Barbeque Sauce: Smoky & Sweet – Guy’s Kansas City BBQ Sauce is your traditional, go-to sauce that you’ll dig on just about everything. Sweet, smoky molasses, a hint of apple cider vinegar and a little black pepper heat will rock everything from beef brisket to chicken wings or anything else you can throw on a grill. Gluten free.
* Carolina #6 Barbeque Sauce & Marinade: Mop & Slop – Guy’s Carolina #6 BBQ Sauce & Marinade is the perfectly tangy and versatile “mop & slop” sauce. Apple cider vinegar, sweet brown sugar and a little bit of cayenne pepper heat is a rockin’ combination to be slopped right on pulled pork or used as a marinade or baste for any grilled meat. Gluten free.
* Bourbon Brown Sugar Barbeque Sauce: Sweet & Sticky – Guy’s sweet, sticky Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce rocks on just about anything. Smoky bourbon, sweet brown sugar and a hint of spicy black pepper create off-the-hook flavor that’s a perfect compliment to everything from beef to chicken, pork and seafood. Gluten free.
As a big-time chile pepper fan, Fieri created four varieties of salsa in his signature style:
* Chipotle Salsa: Da $pice Is Right – Guy’s Chipotle Salsa is full of smoky chipotle and the super salsa flavors of tomato, garlic, lime and a touch of jalapeño pepper! Medium
* Original Salsa: Old Skool – Guy’s original salsa is his go-to signature salsa, full of big tomato flavor, cilantro and zesty lime with a touch of hot pasilla pepper… it’s off da hook! Medium
* 7 Pepper Salsa: Burn Baby Burn – Guy’s 7 Pepper Salsa is rockin’ big pepper flavor from red bell to habanero and finishes it all off with a balance of tomato, lime, garlic and cilantro. Hot
* Salsa Verde: Green & Mean – Guy’s Salsa Verde is servin’ up fire roasted poblano and green peppers and backin’ it up with zesty lime and pinch of cumin, this salsa is so “money” it’s green! Mild
Guy Fieri barbeque sauces are available in 19-ounce bottles (Carolina #6 is 18-ounces) for a suggested retail price of $4.29. Fieri’s salsas are available in 16-ounce jars for a suggested retail price of $4.79.
ABOUT GIA BRANDS, INC.
Gia Brands, Inc., a consumer packaged goods brand management firm, licenses, creates, markets and distributes products like Guy Fieri’s barbeque sauce and salsa lines. Located in Boardman, Ohio, the company is comprised of Summer Garden Food Manufacturing, one of the first Silver LEED Certified manufacturing facilities in North America, Zidian Specialty Foods, the regional specialty food distribution company, and GBI, the national sales and marketing company.
ABOUT GUY FIERI
Known for his boldly flavorful food and even bolder personality, Guy Fieri is one of the biggest stars on the Food Network, where his shows include Guy’s Big Bite, Tailgate Warriors, and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. He is also host of NBC’s hit game show Minute to Win It and the co-owner of West Coast restaurants Johnny Garlic’s and Tex Wasabi’s. He is the author of three New York Times best-selling books Guy Fieri Food: Cookin’ It, Livin’ It, Lovin’ It, as well as Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: An All-American Road Trip . . . with Recipes! (Food Network) and its sequel More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America’s Finest and Funkiest Joints
In 2010, Guy officially launched CWK (Cooking with Kids; www.cwkfoundation.org), a program that encourages kids to get involved in the kitchen. Guy lives in Northern California with his wife, Lori, and their sons, Hunter and Ryder. For more information about Guy, visit GuyFieri.com.
Stay tuned for our personal reviews of each of these new sauces and salsas!
Does the name alone turn you off? Or are you a fan of Guy Fieri and are interested in what he and his company have come up with? Leave a Comment below and let us know!